Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW guide

DW guide

Table: I. The Dark Wizard II. Types Of Dark Wizard III. Balancing IV. Spells V. Staffs VII. Getting Along with others VIII. Leveling (My Way) I. The Dark Wizard I started my Dark Wizard simply because i was sick of the hack n slash of the dark knight. First off, the dark wizard is not a Tank like the Dark Knights so you constantly need to watch your health. The main attacks of the Dark Wizard are all ranged and unlike the elf, you need mana. The D.W. is a hard to train character but with time and effort it will shine and stand out compared to other classes. The main benifit to a Dark Wizard is that at later levels, it can mass kill with spells such as hellfire or evil spirit which i will get into later. Overall, if you like guerilla tactics and mass area spells then this is the class for you. II. Types of Dark Wizard I have seen many types of Dark Wizards throughout the game. The ones I have seen are: Pure Energy DW: Sigh if you want depends on style but i warn you you will have to hit and run FOREVER Melee DW: Wow someone must either be on drugs or extremely bored. Melee Dark Wizards are the stupidest idea ever. If you want to go melee then Choose Dark Knight, never another class. Balanced Strength//Energy D.W.: Ahh the class all the good D.W. choose. This class is the only class that will actually make you good. Why? because strength can actually make you do more damage than a pure energy D.W. and you have armor to protect you which you will need a lot in the later stages of the game. For example, if you need 100 strength to get a +##% wizard damage staff, most of the time, that spent strength will give you more damage than if you chose to put all those points into energy. The main idea of this class is to Deal massive damage but also have some armor so monsters dont own you. III. Balancing Sigh ive seen so much questions about balancing stat points and etc. so i added this section. Balance is the key to a good D.W. but there is a lot more to it. To balance your stat points well, you have to look at what you currently are like and if you do not like how you are, then you would have to put points into what you lack. For example, mages that have crappy spells but good armor might want to put points into energy so they can have better damage and vice versa. Also, the other side of balancing is looking towards your future equipment and planning out. I planned out that i would get a bone set +4 and then mass points into Energy until i get hellfire, then from there i would put mass strength until i can use my legendary stuff. Easy and simple. IV. Spells Well here's a list: Energy Ball: The spell you start out with, 3 dmg 1 mana cost nothing special. Fireball: Good for killing bulls (not elites) in the beginning stages. 8 dmg 3 mana cost needs 40 energy to use. Power Wave: You use this until you get meteor so this is pretty crucial. Does 14 damage needs 56 energy and costs 5 mana. Thunder: (Edit) Some people may prefer this because it moves monsters but i personally just use ice so the monsters cannot reach me at all. 72 energy needed 17 dmg 15 mana per use. Teleport: Wow you must have a crappy modem if you get mobbed. 88 energy, just teleports you hence the name, 30 mana. Meteorite: Your main spell for a long time. 104 energy good damage costs only 12 mana. Ice: VERY VERY CRUCIAL SKILL. This is for all Dark Wizards. Slows the monsters down so they cannot chase you. 120 energy needed. ~ 10 dmg 38 mana needed. Poison: affects ice time so sure why not :P Fire: Giant pillar of fire rises. Not bad but mana costly. First spell that can attack other monsters yay =). 160 energy, around 25 dmg 50 mana. Whirlwind: 180 energy needed ~ 40 dmg Mass attack yes! 60 mana used Evil Spirit: Your probably 2nd most used spell. Awesome at mass attack, kills most monsters quickly. 220 energy needed, lots of dmg, 80 mana used. Hellfire: The best spell in game so far. Red circle surrounds you and damages everyone in that circle. Awesome for mobs. VI. Equipment The equipment goes in the order of Pad---->Bone--->Sphinx---->legendary Basically, the essential things you need to look out for when buying equipment is defense, strength requirement, and any etc. things such as option. Anything that has +12% will boost your def. greatly but in turn will cost you a lot. Keep in mind that a Bone +3 or something will equal a sphinx +2..... so that might save you some money V. Staffs There are numerous staffs throughout the game, but it is best to stick with a +3 or above skull staff and shield until a better staff then move onto the legendary staff which is the best staff in game because it does not require agility like the chaos staff and has tremendous boost and is 1 handed. VII. Getting along with others When partying in places such as Davias it is always polite to let the higher lvl players get the jewels, but let them give you the zen and items if they do not need it. Also, many ppl will try to k.s. (kill steal) you and there are numerous ways to deal with them but i just threaten them to get my lvl 98 dk and usually that works, if it does not then attack them if weaker or switch servers. VIII. Leveling (my Way) : I started out in Lorencia and just go to the eastest place where the merchant is. Kill spiders until lvl 3 then go budge dragons. For the first few levels, i pumped up energy, got fireball, then pumped strength until lvl 5. From there, i went onto bulls with my fireball and pad armor. when i was lvl 8 i bought some potions and used power wave against elite bulls and hounds. When i was lvl 10, i went to noria and attacked golden bug monsters and hunters (avoid packs). Finally, when i was lvl 15 i went to Davis and partied a lvl110 (Lucifer666) and i got mad zen and exp until lvl 40. From there, i went dungeon until i got elite yetis and now i 0wn.

great guide

Comment

Nice one )))

Comment

how you telleport ?

Comment

teleport by using a teleport scroll

Comment

Okay, nice guide...

Comment

great guide

Comment

cool guide

Comment

great!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmm nice.

"220 energy needed", no will enough 180

Comment

This guide is a bit out of date, izzit? :P Still great tho'

Comment

728x90 bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X