This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current situation

Over the course of the last week Hopzone was hacked. As you may have noticed votes and URLs were screwed up.
    We had to keep the website up and running until we found the exploit that was used.

Unfortunately the last secure backup of the site that was stored offsite and not compromised was 2 weeks ago.
    So, yes we lost 2 weeks.
    Servers that were submitted in this time period will have to be resubmitted.

The updated website that you see is a planned update that was to happen in a few months from now.
    What we are doing is restoring the database with the new layout/software/coding.
    Not all functions of the website will be 100% working for now. We plan to have this done ASAP.

We are sorry for the inconveniences that this has caused.

The only secure computer is one that is not turned on.
    Game play is supposed to be by the players on your server, not by the admins who list the server.

Over the last few days I have got caught up with listing the servers. I currently have little to no admin tools. Majority of the things I do in the background have to be done by hand. Online checks, duplicate servers, previous servers, activate/deactivate, ban, ...

Email still is not functional on server action. I see posts on the forum asking what is wrong with their listing. "Why is it deactivated?"
    I know the links to the rules on the add server page are broke, but many are not even reading the short list of rules on the add server page.
    DO NOT DELETE A SERVER AND RE-ADD IT. EDIT AND USE EXISTING LISTING.
    1 SERVER MUST BE ONLINE TO BE APPROVED.
    2 No testing servers allowed. (closed beta)
    3 Do not add server version in the servername when you fill the form.
    4 Servers must be FREE Public servers. (You can have any registration method, but the public must be allowed to play for free)
    5 No illegal or crap info allowed in the listing form.(those things are checked before they arrive in the list)
    6 No links to files are allowed
    7 The server will be deleted if it is found to be offline for less than 30% in 5 days. (And no, votes will NOT be restored)
    8 You must have a working website or a forum for users to CONTACT you. (Invalid or no website link will cause server deletion)
    9 You are required to keep the submitted information up to date. (This includes removal of your server if you close)
    10 Vote link must be on your homepage.(See Adding a server Rules)
    11 MUST READ → Update to Vote Rules
    Game play is supposed to be by the players on your server, not by the admins who list the server.

Comment

728x90 bottom

Collapse
    Working...
    X